Since I am finished with everything, except redoing the rudder, I am putting all the parts away safely and getting them out of the bedrooms. Here the tailcone is stored safely up above the cabinets.
J helped me wrap up all of the control services with bubble wrap, styrofoam and packing film. I originally got the idea from KC. The ailerons are on the top shelf, the flaps under that. To the right are the elevators. Since the counterbalance is on the outside, I put some weight on the opposite side to make sure they stayed put. Bags of shot used in a diving belt worked good because there is no chance it will damage the skin. I put the vertical stabilizer behind the flap and the flaps won’t move since the brackets come down through the wire shelving. Then I put the wing tips on top of the elevators. The only thing missing is the rudder, which will be built, again, in the next couple of weeks while I am waiting on the fuselage.